Provider #: AUT-107
Upon completion of our New York Autism Training online, the participant will be able to:
- describe the core deficits of autism as per IDEA and the DSM V.
- state some of the most prevalent theories involving the etiology and prevalence of autism.
- describe how symptoms of autism may manifest as related to the core deficits of social communication, social interaction and restricted behaviors.
- explain why evidence-based practice is so important and describe warning signs of pseudoscientific therapies.
- list evidence-based interventions for individuals with ASD including both comprehensive treatment models as well as focused intervention practices.
- describe procedures used for behavior management and positive behavior supports.
- describe skills that are necessary in working with families of individuals with ASD as well as with other members of the individual’s team.
- state autism quality indicators that should be included in programs set up for individuals with ASD.