N.J.A.C. 13:30-8.5 OSHA AND CDC REQUIREMENTS
Goal of Infection Control Training is to
- Assure that all Dental Health Care Personnel (DHCP) understand how infections may be transmitted
- Apply current administrative measures and scientifically accepted infection prevention and control principles
- Understand proper respiratory hygiene, cough etiquette, safe injection practices and instrument processing
- Minimize opportunity for transmission of pathogens to patients, healthcare workers and others
- Familiarize professionals with the law requiring this training and the professional misconduct charges that may be applicable for not complying with this law
- Provide references to additional documents for more detailed background and recommendations.